We're in it now, lads

Ever played Dark Souls series? Hard can be fun if done right. The thing is, you cant understand the fun part untill you beat at least 1/4th of the game, memorize the movesets of enemies and have a real sense of danger.

1 Like

Yeah I started with Dark Souls (then later tried the Demon Souls 1 and 2)

I gave up playing eventually. but my cousin picked it up and ended the game.
He liked the challenge aspect of it.

I get the figuring out mechanics / patterns aspect.
But I prefer games where I can enjoy exploring and adventuring without worrying about death and penalties.

It’s the same where I venture into some high level area of an open world game and then get killed by some random enemy from behind or an enemy that didn’t show their level. You then die, lose all your stuff and it becomes a problem to recover.

Which is why I give up early in Soul like and Survival games (Conan Exiles).

Problem with me is that I like all these games. They have rich story and amazing visuals and the Fantasy, Horror Theme when present is a bonus. Unfortunately they become unplayable for me pretty quickly and I don’t have enough time to game endlessly. I might have the patience for it, but there is a point of where you don’t have enough time to struggle and get better, so you end up not enjoying the experience.

1 Like

Unlike other generic open-world games, Dark souls are fair, and there is no absurd enemy scaling. The balance is where the beauty lies. you can beat the games in the franchise without even leveling up. Those are called souls level 1 runs.
Anyway, I completely get where you are coming from. not everyone has to like tense, competitive and adrenaline rush types of games. Laid-back games like Abzu, Journey, and Firewatch are amazing as well. One of the biggest portions of my gaming time goes to farming games like Stardew Valley, Slime Rancher, Minecraft, No Man’s Sky etc. I would love to play Subnautica, but I have thalassophobia (fear of deep water), so I can’t enjoy that game comfortably.

1 Like

By the way, Grimgar is one of the most realistic Isekai anime I have ever watched.

Re:zero is also dope but a lot of stress.

3 Likes

Yeah. The first ever time I played Minecraft(back in the early days), I chose creator mode.
I enjoyed just having all the items and simply create stuff then and there.
But then I tried and the other mode and was like… uhhh what do i do, how do I do, where are all the good stuff?

The crafting, grinding aspect with no tutorial at the time, instantly put me off.
And I found out that I couldn’t port my Platforming Tower I made so lovingly in the Creator Mode, into the Adventure Mode of my copy of the game or even a friend’s server. So all that time wasted.

(Mute the Audio: At the time of recording, I didn’t realize that the mic was not muted)

===
No Man Sky, even with it’s basic content at launch, was so much enjoyable. I spent a lot of time simply exploring my starter world (walking around) and didn’t get to the point of fully fixing my ship and traveling off-world till the new updates rolled in. That game was pure enjoyment to me. Also I do like Space and Sci-fi elements, so it was a plus point from the start.

1 Like

Ah, Yes, Re:Zero
I only watched the first Season.
I did find it decent. (I like the whole Groundhog Day (1993), Day resetting aspect)
Loved that Sound Effect when he died/respawned.
Had it as my Ringtone for a while.

Never heard about Hai to Gensou no Grimgar before :hushed:
Will look into it now.
Thanks for bringing it to my notice.

I think I started the Novel or Manga for The Rising of the Shield Hero (Tate No Yuusha No Nariagari)
I liked the concept of him being ostracized for his equipment but then he showed them up by making the best use of it. I don’t think I finished watching the Anime though.

Similar Fantasy Theme setting: Tower of Druaga: The Aegis of Uruk
and it’s sequel: The Tower of Druaga: The Sword of Uruk

That is an old Anime by now, but it was really good.

But ofcourse if we are talking about Isekai, Game type RPG setting, Virtual Reality and the like.
My favourite would definitely be .hack//Sign (series)

I read the first 2 books of Sword Art Online (and watched their corresponding Anime series),
Though I enjoyed them (Gun Gale online more so)… what happened to them later on, just didn’t felt right. I mean, the sort of Harem or romance focus was what put me slightly off.

The emo, lonely start of .Hack//Sign and everything else in the story, just gravitated me more towards that series and I enjoyed all of them.

1 Like

Happy to be here. WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 Like

This is going to be Great!!!

woooo amazing to be here.

Whhhatt the hell happend herre. what are we talkin about,?, i think i lost it at minecraft, lol

Yeah, the Anime talk themed around Hardcore Realism Games Isekai style flowed towards Chill and Creative Adventuring PC Gaming

1 Like

well , we’re down the rabbit hole now :laughing:
just dont want to get attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis
nothing like good times with family and friends :innocent:

Hey guys, I hope you are all doing well! I just recently joined. Finally, be able to see a forum for this site.

actually happy to see a forum for the site, should help alot!

My favorite isekai anime.

I wonder how long before parody games start coming in

It gets 10x better in season 2, check it if you have time

Dogshit anime and semi-decent manga. Has such a good premise and first arc but author made it generic complex OP-MC harem isekai later on

Ah, sad to hear that about Shield Hero Anime.
I really liked the starting premise.

And, yeah. I really should get back to watching Re: Zero

I finished watching Grimgar.
Apparently I had already watched a few starting episodes when it was first released but never finished it upon catching up to then latest episode.
It was a pleasant watch. Definitely less stressful and enjoyable pacing/story telling than watching Full Dive :smiley:

Any other android exclusive gamers?

Currently an Azur Lane player. I used to play LoL: Wild Rift, and MLBB. Can’t find the time to play two or more games, so I chose Azur Lane haha

how do i make an account on Adult Games | Page - 1 | Lewdzone.com? when i try to log in with my username or gmail, it says there are no accounts with that, or that something is wrong. i’ve only been able to make an account on lewdzone FORUMS! any help would be greatly appreaciated! :slight_smile:

@wolfyboy Check the topic at Site Feedback you will find the exact answer to your question