Idea to give indepth reviews of games

Been thinking of dedicating some time to writting proper reviews to the games I try. Thing is I did some work for a novel company online a year ago and it sort of stuck with me. I love this website and noticed that many games have their comments sections rather bare bones, so I wonder if it would even really matter.

I wanted to know if any of you even bother with it or if you think it would be a good idea. I enjoy reviewing and since I have put my hand in writting, game developing and ma dick for more than half a decade I feel more than capable of giving straight forward, on point reviews for both players and Devs.

What do you all think? I have already wrote a few tonight and if interested I can leave some links to those games.

7 Likes

Sounds good. I like it :slight_smile:
Go ahead if you like!

2 Likes

If someone wants to leave reviews for the sole pleasure of putting thoughts to text… I don’t see why they should hold back.

Just don’t get disheartened if you don’t get any response/reactions to them instantly.
It is a small user base at the moment.
You never know what the future holds and the power of Lurkers :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe you will get loads of likes and that would be nice.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained :wink:

5 Likes

Thinking about it I suppose it’s more about giving back to the community in some small way. After all this is the first forum and website where I have mad an account with the porpuse of being active, other than literally just Facebook.

Really nice idea. Would you review my game sometime?

sure! What’s the name?

It’s Balls Out: Nu Vagis. I’ll DM you with the links to the latest version. Thanks is advance!

A lot of the games on this site don’t have the best descriptions. And oftentimes the handful of images give no indication as to how the game plays. In such situations, I’ll scroll down to the comments to see what other users have to say about the game. But invariably the comments are filled with “where’s the new version” and “the downloads are broken”.

All this to say I for one would greatly appreciate some reviews in the comments. I’ve written one or two brief reviews myself, though I should probably do some more.

I try to leave as many in depth reviews as I can. Obviously not every game but as much as possible. Strange to me that hardly anyone does it. You usually see “game sucks” or “great game” lol. Means nothing.

Also think it should be a separate section from the comments, which is usually just people asking for help or asking for updates.

Would love to see reviews include:
Graphic renders
Story (Sandbox, choices or linear)
Characters looks and proportions
Dialogue (Dirty Talk and Well written)
Lewd / Teasing scenes

If you’re going to spend many hours on a game, I would think most would want to know as much as they can before downloading and playing.

Hopefully will start to see more proper reviews in the future from members.