Well I’ll give you a bit of a rundown of what I am doing. I definitely WAS going to do too much, and it would have made the project take forever but I’ve found the right places to scale back, and what I am doing isn’t exactly high effort at all.
The core gameplay loop is simple, you get a side content segment with 3 activities, each of those activities are different depending on the order in which you do them. This as I said is mostly just simply writing, and 1 or 2 stills per activity, those activities generate hidden statistics that effect the main content choices presented.
The main character and love interests all have a side avatar that is comprised of a 2 frame animation, mouth open/mouth closed for talking, with different expressions for other types of interactions.
The love interests all have 20 frame idle still image animations that take about 30-50 minutes to render out completely.
The MC is a modified Genesis 8.1 body with a Micheal 8 texture. There are currently two love interests I have finished making, they are customized Genesis 8.1 models, and I have customized the shader for both and completely customized the texture for one of them. People would be surprised what you can do with just genesis 8 essentials and 1 or two other products.
As for adult scenes, I haven’t approached them yet at all, I am still getting the hang of animating in Daz, it’s fairly simple to do but still tedious and I am mostly just using PowerPose, a little bit of manual movement with the joint tool editor, and moving the pose control sliders around for facial expressions.
I’ve spent some money ofc, or I wouldn’t have Micheal 8 but I’ve been very methodical about doing so, only spending money on things that I can see reusing in future projects, like Skin Builder 8, and the two gentialia products I purchased from renderotica.
To be perfectly honest I’ve spent the MOST time finding a rendering sweet spot, something that looks good but doesn’t take too long, and good lighting to use to do it. Lighting I’ve got figured out, and rendering stills is not very time intensive, the only thing that is really consuming my time is writing the story content.